From the Blog


Child Support: Richard D Mere Attorney at Law

Did you know? Child support is calculated based on a person’s “Actual Gross Income” if they are fully employed, or their “Potential Income” if they are “voluntarily underemployed.”

What does this mean to you? If someone quits their job, gets fired for cause, or goes to jail and loses their job, they are voluntarily underemployed, and child support is based on what they were making before they quit, were fired, or were incarcerated.

The above statement is for informational purposes only, and should not be construed as legal advice, and is based on Louisiana law only. If you believe you have a legal case, under similar circumstances, you are strongly urged to consult an attorney, as soon as possible.

1 comment

  1. Mr WordPress - October 27, 2014 1:07 am

    Hi, this is a comment.
    To delete a comment, just log in and view the post's comments. There you will have the option to edit or delete them.